Friday, August 4, 2023

8th Professor - Remembering Home

 "I lied to you." The short, black bob haired man slowly looked to his alien companion, sat on the windowsill as they eyed out at the wet, mushy ground of a jungle after a hard rainstorm. "I was like that man, because I liked it. Because I thought there was nothing else. That my hearts were too scarred from what I was forced to do during the war I needed to be everything I wasn't. To be a hero for personal, selfish reasons, because there was nothing else for me besides that."


"The War." The Blue, tendrilled Alien, Aurora Tetiana, slowly looked to the Professor as he stared out the window.

He nodded softly. "There are moments. Even when I was changing my life for the better, to face you again, to apologize for what I had done, that I could pretend I could show you. Even though I hate them for what they did to me, turning me into another weapon against...." His voice faded for a moment. "You can hate your home, Aurora. You can tear it from your soul, try to make a break from it, look away and believe you can separate yourself from it and yet when you see it you burst into tears."

His hand slowly ran down the window, as he stared up at the cloudy sky. "The Burnt Orange Sky which looked like fire dancing across the mountaintops. The Red bark of the trees, with Silver leaves which shone in the sunlight like jewels. Snow forever at the tips of those mountaintops, even when the heat would hit, which made the tips look like glistening, towering guardians. Guardians with their shiny spears to protect the planet."

Aurora could see his other hand shaking a bit.

He looked to her a bit. "They lied about our very history. About the reasons for everything that made us who we were. Yet when I picture it in my mind, the night I left with her, my assistant, one of my friends who led me here, I can't help but hurt in the deepest points in my hearts." He looked to her. "I was wrong. I was wrong to just throw you here. I was wrong to make you do things you were uncomfortable with."

"Professor...."Aurora looked to him.

"That is why, if you would allow it, my old friend. Will you come with me, again?" He held out his hand gently. "Help me be a better person?"

No comments:

Post a Comment